1) The new 1TB hard drive is SATA, which I don't have in my machine.
2) The new DVD-RW drive isn't compatible with my motherboard.
3) The new 4GB of memory doesn't fit in my motherboard.
4) The new processor fits, but I can't get the heatsink off the motherboard without breaking it, so it might as well NOT fit.
5) The machine now won't turn on.
That's $250 worth of parts that are useless. For a little more, I could have gotten an entirely new machine.
I shouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning.