Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday.

The Wife dropped my car off at the local Firestone at 7AM this morning to get the oil changes, tires aligned & checked over. She then came home to go to the hospital to be with The Boy; the in-laws picked her up from the service station, and my father-in-law was to drive me to the service station. The Firestone people called me at 10:30 to give me info about the car; I was teaching and couldn't respond. Long story short, the car's not ready and my in-laws are leaving in an hour. So, if I can't get a lift to the service station at 5:00, after the auditions, then I'm taking a cab over there.

Chemo started late today - not surprising, as the pharmacy at the hospital is notoriously slow getting medicines out. This means that we won't be done until after 9PM this evening. The good news about that is that I can leave my rehearsal early so that I can pick up The Family from the hospital. The bad news is that Diaper Hell begins at 11 o'clock or so, and there's no letup in my schedule over the next couple of days. After an 18-hour day today, I'll be up most of the night doing Diaper Duty, then have a 12-hour day tomorrow and an 18-hour day on Thursday. Sigh.

Yesterday, The Boy was really, really funny. He resembled a ping pong ball: he bounced from one side of the room to the other to the other to the other, non-stop, for hours at a time. He was happy and laughing and playing, even if his appetite was not great. I enjoyed watching it, and playing with him, very much. What a cute kid!

It's a little more difficult to keep him in the hospital room now that he's more mobile. He doesn't really want to stay on the playmat, and he certainly doesn't want to stay in one place for very long. On the good side, the fact that he's walking means that he's spending FAR less time touching the hospital floor.

Eh. We'll see. I just don't have much to say right now.

1 comment:

JC said...

It was hard to keep my little girl out of the floor last weekend and she's been walking for almost two years! She was running around in circles last night too. It is good to see the kids have so much energy and enjoying life like a kid should.