Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oh, what a day! A great, great day!

Today didn't start particularly auspiciously. After we finally settled in bed - at 5:30AM, natch - Younger Bro woke up at 6:15. Considering that I had been asleep for 45 minutes, I'm not sure that I was as nice as I could have been when I asked The Wife to take him elsewhere so that The Boy and I could sleep. At 9 o'clock, The Boy woke up and toddled to the kitchen for some breakfast, dragging me along via vocal volume. After breakfast, The Wife left to go to the grocery store, and The Boy promptly yakked up all of the juice he drank at breakfast time. Only a little bit of the actual breakfast (eggs), so that was good.

Regardless, we toiled on through the day. I took the boys to the comic book store, and The Boy entertained himself the way he usually does: by taking the "New This Week!" signs off of the shelves and bringing them up to the shopkeepers. I try to tell them which books that they were removed from... they're not TOO annoyed by him, because #1, he's cute, and #2, I've been a steady customer for five years and counting. We got home, had some food (which he kept down), and I got the boys into some "I Love Mommy!" t-shirts that I bought back in March and saved for a special day, like today. Just in time for Mommy to get home!

We loaded the car with the boys and supplies and headed out to Sesame Place. It was truly wonderful! They were very accommodating to us, considering The Boy's situation. They gave him an orange bracelet which let us wait by the exit and get on rides with no waiting. Considering his size, we only went on one "ride," the carousel. He was concerned at first, but I think he really enjoyed it. We did that ride twice, once right when we arrived and once right before the parade. The band also let us get to the front of the photograph with characters line as well. (Can't wait for Disney, with this one.)

We went to see the live "Elmo's World!" show, and it was enchanting. The Boy was hypnotized by the whole thing, absorbing every last moment of seeing his hero live and in person. The best part? Younger Bro got tabbed to be the baby in the "Let's ask a baby!" Funniest part: Elmo said, "Baby, how do you pretend to be a fish?" Younger Bro responded with the fishy-type face he makes when he roots for food, considering he was hungry. It was really funny. He earned a kiss from Elmo, and I got a kiss, also.

The parade at the end was also great! The Boy was dancing to the music, which is the first time I've seen him really initiate and enjoy that dancing. He enjoyed looking at all of the people, seeing Elmo, Abby, Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Telly walking around on the street and dancing.

End of the day had both boys poop in the car right as we hit the nearest Starbucks, which meant two in-the-car diaper changes. They both slept the entire ride home, and they and Mommy settled down for bed really quickly. I'm still awake, putting pics up on facebook (click for the link to the photos), and blogging a bit. Considering the medium Starbucks I had, I might get some schoolwork done while I'm awake and all is quiet.

I know we might regret having gone, later; the vomiting is a concern, and his legs are bruising in that "i need platelets" way, and his blood pressures haven't been great all week. But, it was such a wonderful day. I think The Boy was just having the time of his life, and I'm positive that he now believes his friends on Sesame Street are real people like you and me, which is hugely cute. We might even get a season pass next year, which should take us 2010 and 2011!


Sarah R said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! I love how The Boy's legs are crossed like that in his carseat. Does he always do that?

Musical Daddy said...

Not that I'd seen before yesterday. He looks like a little yogi, meditating, doesn't he?