Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Grumpy and Grouchy

So, I'm reasonably certain that The Boy's getting better, because he has been a huge pain in the butt for the past 24 hours. He has been a real 2-year old, disagreeing with everything, speaking incomprehensibly, throwing and breaking stuff, and pouring juice / cereal / noodles on the floor just because he can.

He is still spiking brief fevers every couple of hours, but the intensity and duration are decreasing. The last one went up to 38.3, which is the lowest crest he's had. The cough is still present, but mostly only after or during a tantrum. (Hence Musical Daddy's theory of the congestion causing the cough, which few of the doctors and none of the respiratory therapists believe. When will they learn that I'm always right?). They took some nose and throat cultures last night. That's accomplished by sticking swabs up his nose and down his throat, and by spraying water up his nose and suctioning it back out.

That went over swimmingly, let me tell you. The last time I saw bucking like that was a rodeo in Branson.

The diarrhea is still wonderfully present - thank you, vancomycin. You're the gift that keeps on giving. That continual spray of water has given him the usual nasty diaper rash. That makes the diaper changes an adventure.

Mommy spent most of the day at the hospital with Younger Bro and The Boy, and it was quite nice. YB was quite well-behaved and fun. He's starting to be quite reactive to us and to prefer one of us at different times. He definitely recognizes Musical Daddy as being fun and giggles, which I like. He enjoys turning over from back to front and front to back, particularly when we're putting pants on him. He can do "baby push-ups" when on his belly, and he's starting to push himself backwards. I'm so excited for him to start crawling and standing! It takes work to keep up, but it's lots of fun.

Plus, YB is now grabbing everything within arm's reach, including trying to get food and drinks from us. (And MD's iPhone, which isn't going to happen.)

Last night was relatively easy. The Boy was up until 11, but he let me watch some of the Giants game before bedtime. He was up and playing at 5:30, which is etter than the previous night.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: