Tuesday, February 23, 2010


Last night, I went to sing with the Steel City Harmonizers again. I'm still deciding between them and another Monday night chorus, but this chorus is getting slightly ahead in the rankings because it's 20 minutes closer and is likely less work for me as a singer. We'll see.

Anyway, I got home around 10:15, chatted with Grandpa for a few minutes, then went upstairs to assess the sleeping situation. The Boy was watching the Aleph-Bet Telethon episode of Sholom Sesame (Israel's Sesame Street, from 1991) with Mommy, and Grandma was in her own room (alone, for once). I did my nighttime stuff, and The Boy and I watched some Barney before he asked for "Homer, please!" He fell asleep five minutes into the episode; I finished it, and turned the light off. I fell asleep around 11:30.

I woke up at 12:15, itchy as all heck, for no apparent reason. The Boy was snuggled up in a cute little ball, and he was HOT. He was resting uncomfortably, also. I took his temperature (which he didn't like at all), and it was 100.4. Oh, crap. What should we do? Making a long story short, we did nothing. He was his normal self all night, and he ate a full dinner and drank juice and water all night without anything weird happening. Since I didn't want to pack everything for a 2-4 stint at the Hotel Children's, I decided to wait, try to fall asleep, and wake up in an hour or two and retake his temperature.

Long story short, no one in the house slept. The Boy was restless and grumpy until long after Grandma came and took him (around 3:00). Younger Bro woke up at 1:00 (just to make things easier) and stayed awake. The Wife was trying to help me control the damage, and she only made herself sicker than she was - who knows how to call a substitute teacher for a substitute teacher? They fell asleep around 3:45 or so. The Boy and Grandma finally fell asleep around 4:00 in front of Tubby the Tuba downstairs. I took a shower at 3:30 to try to wash off whatever was itchy and fell asleep between 4:30 and 5:00. Ook.

(For me, ironically, I think that the Benedryl I took before bed had a bad reaction with one of my other medications, and the normal sedative effect became a stimulant effect instead. It's been known to happen. This is what happens when I don't break my medications up better.)

Today should be fun. Can't wait.

No comments: