Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Update

This past weekend, I went away to northern Ohio to attend a Sweet Adelines event, which went marvelously. I am so blessed, to have the friends and colleagues that I have; I wasn’t able to attend the Friday night sessions, but I had “substitutes” that were ready, willing, and able to step in and be me for a couple of hours. Best part of the weekend? The blissful 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep on Saturday night, which was richly needed after arriving in Ohio at 12:30AM the previous night and running 6 hours of rehearsals and such. Well, that and the whole “making new friends” thing, but I think the sleep trumped it all.

The Wife handled the children with her usual facility, and Aunt J was a welcome addition for the weekend. Because of all the snow, they didn’t really go anywhere; I did get a cute picture of the boys playing with sandbox shovels and buckets in the snow. When I got home on Sunday afternoon, I wound up underneath a pile of happy little boys. For a change, The Boy wanted to take a nap in his bedroom instead of mine, so I wound up falling asleep in his little bed.

When I awoke, The Boy had a friend coming over to play. I took Little Bear, and we went to the comic book store and to visit an ailing friend in the hospital. He was very, very cute, which I hoped helped her feel better. After that, we picked up pizza and wings for the football game. The Giants – my team – won their game, and The Wife allowed me (quite generously) to watch the game, putting the children to bed by herself. The Baby did seem to enjoy the bit of football that he watched.

My new work schedule will start next week or so. My definite hours are 9-2 Monday through Friday, with the option to work an additional 15 hours per week as I can, officially a part time job offer. We’ll see what’s going to happen with that. I’m not even sure exactly what I want to do, but it’ll probably be something along the lines of an 8:00-4:30 shift each day, with maybe a change on Tuesdays for chorus rehearsal.

Not much new to report, as I didn’t do much parenting this weekend. The Baby had his first two teeth break through the gum this weekend, and he reported to his 6-month doctor’s appointment at 28 inches and 20 pounds. He’s long and lean, just like his brothers. He still looks a lot like The Boy did at that age (may he have a better 10-month birthday than The Boy did), but he’s definitely developing “his own thing,” as The Wife stated.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: