Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cute Boys

Last night, I had finished the dishes and cleaning the kitchen, and I helped myself to my biggest vice: Thin Mints, the Girl Scout cookie. I can honestly say that this is the largest addiction in my life, and my thin mints are the only thing that I will not share with my family. I keep a box in the back of freezer (usually buy 5-6 boxes each year), eat 3 per day (because the serving size is 4 cookies), and enjoy them for several months after they stop going on sale. Love me some frozen Thin Mints.

So, I was standing next to the freezer, eating my three thin mints, when The Baby came wandering in the room. He climbed into his chair and looked at me, savoring my cookies. "Bite? Bite? Bite? Bite, Daddy? Bite, Daddy, PLEASE?" He looked at me with such a huge eyed, hopeful expression that - for the first time in a LONG time - I actually shared my thin mints. I gave him half of a cookie. "Thank you!" he said, in his cute, little baby voice. The WIfe was there, listening, and we both agreed that that might have been the cutest thing ever.

This was the same day that The Wife and I woke up to find The Boy and The Baby snuggled up together in a pile of small boys. It was absolutely heartwarming.

After the Thin Mint incident, I had to run to Men's Wearhouse to get a suit refitted. Since I knew it was a quick in-and-out kind of visit, I wanted to bring a boy along for some company. The Boy wasn't an option, as he doesn't travel well. Little Bear expressed his desire to stay home, but I overruled him by tickling him into submission and throwing him in the car. We got to the store, and he asked to go home. Avoiding the incident, I handed him my phone, tried on the suit, had it marked, and took it off. It took about three minutes, during which he finished a level in his game. "Daddy, look!" he said, showing it to me proudly. I was enthusiastic as I directed him back to the car (after chasing him playfully around the store for a second).

I asked him, "Do you want to get a donut (Dunkin' Donuts) or a milkshake?" He selected milkshake, so we went to Steak & Shake and sat at the counter, which was new for him. The stools were almost as tall as he was! They gave him a cool paper hat, which we directed a bit. We both had strawberry shakes, and it was a very pleasant fifteen minutes of time we spent together. We didn't talk about that much - a little bit about school, about playing, and about Aunt W's wedding this weekend.

Bedtime was uneventful, and I woke up when Things 1 & 2 stole my pillow from me while I slept.

No comments: